Updated on: Sep 25, 2020
General Terms & Warranty Period
Moxa warrants its products against manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship starting from their date of shipping from Moxa’s manufacturing facilities for a period of time as indicated below. The warranty period of products varies based on their product categories.
|PRODUCT CATEGORY||PRODUCT LINE||WARRANTY PERIOD|
|Industrial Network Infrastructure||Ethernet Switches||5 years|
|Secure Routers||5 years|
|Wireless AP/Bridge/Client||5 years|
|Cellular Gateways/Routers||5 years|
|Ethernet Media Converters||5 years|
|Industrial Edge Connectivity||Serial Device Servers||5 years|
|Serial Converters||5 years|
|Protocol Gateways||5 years|
|USB-to-Serial Converters/USB Hubs||5 years|
|Multiport Serial Boards||5 years|
Controllers and I/Os
The warranty period for the ioLogik W5340/E2214/E1214/E4200 and NA-4000 Series is 2 years.
IP Cameras and Video Servers
The warranty period for moving parts in IP or Speed Dome Cameras is 1 year, and includes the following items:
|Industrial Computing||x86 Computers||3 years|
|Arm-Based Computers||5 years|
Panel Computers & Displays
The warranty period for peripherals/accessories is as given below:
|DIN-Rail Power Supplies||3 years|
|Fiber Patch Cords, SC-to-ST Duplex Adapters||1 year|
Hard Drives & Solid-State Drives
Hard drives and solid-state drives are accessories that do not carry the Moxa brand name. Hence their warranty period is limited to and based on the warranty coverage provided by their original manufacturer.
|Original manufacturer warranty period|
The warranty period for power adapters starts from the manufacturing date indicated on the label attached to it.
|Serial Connection Boxes (excluding C32020T)||1 year|
|Serial Connection Cables||5 years|
|SFP Ethernet Modules||5 years|
|PT Scanners||Original manufacturer warranty period|
|Wireless and Cellular Antennas/Accessories/Modules||1 year|
Warranty Terms & Conditions
- This warranty is limited to either the repair or replacement (at Moxa’s sole discretion) of the defective product during its warranty period.
- If a product is found to be defective within 3 months of its shipping date from Moxa, and if the said product was properly installed and used, the product can be considered defective on arrival (DOA) and the Customer may create a DOA request online for Moxa to provide
expedited replacement service.
- After 3 months from its shipping date from Moxa, Customers must create a service request prior to sending the defective product to Moxa for repair. The Moxa website allows Customers to create a service request online.
- Customers agree to insure their product or assume the risk of loss or damage during transit, to prepay shipping charges, and to use the original shipping container or an equivalent when they ship their product to Moxa for repairs. Customers may either seek assistance from the original dealer, or from the closest Moxa Service Office.
- Customers shall be responsible for backing up their product configuration settings and data contained in internal storage (hard drives, flash drives, etc.) before sending their products for repair. Moxa will not be responsible for loss of data or configuration settings stored in the product.
- Repaired or replaced products are warrantied for 3 months from the date of repair or replacement, or for the remainder of the original product’s warranty period, whichever is longer.
Moxa will not accept products that are returned without a valid service request or items that are not Moxa products. Such products will be shipped back at the Customer’s own risk and expense. No refunds or exchanges will be offered.
This warranty does not cover:
- Products found to be defective after the warranty period has expired.
- Products subjected to misuse or abuse, whether by accident or other causes. Such product conditions will be determined by Moxa at its sole and unfettered discretion.
- Products damaged due to a natural disaster, including but not limited to lightning, flooding, earthquake, or fire.
- Products modified in any way NOT described explicitly in the corresponding product’s user manuals. (NOTE: The product’s user manuals provide instructions for installing, configuring, and maintaining your Moxa product. Please refer to the user manuals before installing or configuring the product.)
- Software products.
- Expendable items, such as a fuse.
- Products with an altered and/or damaged serial number.
- Any HDD, SSD, CFast, DOM, CF, or SD shipped with a Moxa product and that had reached a natural limitation as defined by their original equipment manufacturer warranty policies or as detected by the inspection utilities provided by the OEM. For more information, please refer to the Component Compatibility Guide for the product.
- Loss of data or software.
- LCD panels that have pixel defects that do not qualify for warranty service as defined in the Warranty Policy for Display Pixel Defects.
- Products that have been updated, reworked, or improperly tested by the Customer, or by a third party at the request of the Customer.
- Customized and original design manufacturer (ODM) products. The warranty terms for customized and ODM products should be defined in the contract that governs the project.
Service Terms & Charges
Once the Customer agrees to a product inspection, Moxa will inspect the product, send a quote for the total repair cost, and will wait for the Customer’s approval.
If the Customer does not want Moxa’s repair service, Moxa will either return the defective product to the Customer or scrap the product locally, based on the Customer’s decision. If the product is out of warranty, the Customer will be responsible for the shipping costs.
Once the Customer authorizes Moxa to repair the defective product, the total charges will be calculated as per the following table:
|RMA PRODUCT||WITHIN WARRANTY*||OUTSIDE WARRANTY|
|Shipping Costs||To a Moxa Service Center||Customer/Distributor||Customer/Distributor|
|From a Moxa Service Center to the Customer/Distributor||Covered by Moxa||Customer/Distributor|
Note: If the Customer does not want Moxa’s repair service, Moxa will either return the defective product to the Customer or scrap the product locally, based on the Customer’s decision.
|Inspection Fee||No fee||Customer/Distributor|
|Repair Fees and Parts||No fee||Customer/Distributor|
Note: Once the Customer agrees to a product inspection, Moxa will inspect the product, send a quote for the total repair cost, and will wait for the Customer’s approval. Moxa will charge for repair of products where the warranty period has expired, or have damage that is excluded from the warranty coverage.
*Products within the warranty period as specified in Moxa’s warranty policy and have not been excluded under any of the conditions specified in the Warranty Exclusions section.
If the warranty period of the returned product has expired or a product within the warranty period is excluded for warranty coverage due to reasons mentioned in the Warranty Exclusions section:
- Moxa reserves the right to repair the product in due course, based on its inventory of spare units and parts.
- Moxa will charge an inspection fee if the Customer agrees to Moxa performing an inspection of the product. Following this, Moxa will send a pro forma invoice by email that details the total charges that includes repair charges, parts, and one-way shipping cost.
- After receiving the email quotation, Customers can decide whether or not they want to avail Moxa’s repair service. If a Customer decides not to avail Moxa’s repair service, the product will be returned to the Customer in return for the cost of shipping the product back. Alternatively, Customers can opt for Moxa to scrap the product locally at no extra cost.
Post-Warranty Repair Service
For large-order projects, Customers may purchase a post-warranty repair service. However, some products may have a shorter chipset life cycle, or some parts may have a limited warranty period from the original supplier of the parts. Please contact your local sales representative if you would like to avail this service.
Limitation of Liability
The provisions of this warranty are in lieu of any other warranty, whether express or implied, written or oral. Moxa’s liability arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supply of a product and its use, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence, product liability, or otherwise, shall not exceed the original cost of the product. In no event shall Moxa be liable for unintended or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, loss of profits or use, and damages arising out of the manufacture, sale, or supplying of the product.
To verify the warranty status of your product, please use our online Warranty Check service.